The Chesed Boomerang
This enjoyable and inspiring book will teach you how to help the world become a better place and, in the process, enrich your own life immeasurably. You'll discover inspiring examples of real people who practice everyday kindness, and be guided to new ways you, too, can make a difference.
You will learn:
- How to recognize the "boomerang effect" of chesed and be inspired by it.
- To inspire and motivate yourself to make a difference in the lives of others.
- The physical and psychological benefits of acts of kindness.
- What the most common types of chesed are and how to put them into effect.
- To use the Daily Chesed Practice Chart to advance your personal growth.
- How chesed builds energy and reduces stress.
- Why chesed is a healthy and constructive response to personal suffering.
- Where in Jewish tradition acts of kindness are promised to boomerang back to us in beautiful ways.
- How Jewish holidays can provide us with phenomenal opportunities for chesed.
- The power of speaking out against injustice and apathy.
- 42 ideas for "everyday kindness."
- 42 rules for Bikur Cholim (visiting the sick).
Whether you are a scholar or a layman, community leader or community member, well-educated in Judaism or just a beginner, The Chesed Boomerang will educate you--and enrich your life in the process. Whether you are looking for inspiration, fulfillment or reference material, this book will serve you well.
"Reading The Chesed Boomerang inspired me to reach out and do more acts of kindness. The examples of simple acts of kindness and their positive impact on people should be required for all of us. I look forward to the second edition and sharing it with family and friends."
Author: Jack Doueck